Sleeve Surgery Dubai is a medical procedure by which a weight loss procedure is performed.
It is a typical procedure performed by laparoscopically. This method involves the insertion of small instruments through multiple small incisions inside the upper abdomen. In this surgery, approximately 80% of the stomach is removed. Basically, it limits the size of your stomach, due to which you will consume the food in a lesser amount and also prompt some hormonal changes that assist with the weight loss program. The surgery is so effective that it can help in losing 20-40 kg of excess weight within the first 2 years.
It is a very complex procedure and Dr. Muharrem Oner is one of the best surgeons in Sleeve Surgery UAE.
Procedure of Sleeve Surgery Dubai
It is a laparoscopic procedure that involves the 5-6 small incisions in the abdomen and a video camera (laparoscope) and also instruments that are placed through these small incisions.
The sizes of the incisions vary from 5mm to 12mm long just below the rib cage in the upper abdomen. This procedure usually took 2-3hr, after that you were put under observation for a few days so that medical staff can monitor you for any kind of complications.
Benefits of Sleeve Surgery UAE:
- Rapid weight loss - It is the fastest technique for weight loss
- Remission of diabetes - Diabetes occurred due to obesity will be treated with surgery.
- Control high blood pressure - after weight loss there will be a great improvement in blood pressure
- No implantation of band device - get rid of the band devices
- Less risk if we compare to gastric bypass
- Reduce cholesterol - we all know that with a healthy lifestyle, there is no cholesterol problem
- Infertility - obesity brings infertility with itself and after surgery, you will get rid of this
- Hyperlipidemia - means your blood has too many lipids (or fats), and after the surgery, you will
get rid of that
- Sleep Apnea: It is a sleep disorder and after losing weight automatically you will start getting rid of that
Risk involves with the Sleeve Surgery Dubai:
- Blood clotting
- Fungal Infection
- Excessive Bleeding through the cut edge of the stomach
- Gastrointestinal obstruction
- Malnutrition & Low blood sugar
- More complication as compare with Lap-band
- Bowel Obstruction
Precautions to be taken Before and After Surgery
Before going to the sleeve surgery in Dubai you have to keep some precautions.
- Give your doctor a piece of complete information about your medicines, vitamins and other supplements that you take.
- Tell your doctor about blood-thinning medications if you take them, before surgery.
- If you are suffering from diabetes, then tell your doctor so that they could manage your insulin or another health-related issue before surgery.
- You should start training your body and do some physical activity.
- Stop the consumption of tobacco or alcohol before 12 weeks from the surgery.
- After the surgery, you have to maintain your diet, so it will better for you if you can hire a dietician for yourself.
After having the surgery, the patient won’t be allowed to eat and drink anything for about 8hr. After that patient has to live on sugar-free liquids for the whole next week. Slowly slowly the patient will shift on pureed food and finally to regular food for around 4weeks after the surgery. You also have to take the B-12 injection once a month.
Who requires Sleeve Surgery?
It is recommended to those people who are suffering from a high level of obesity and not getting any result with other weight loss programs. The following are the requirements to qualify for this procedure.
- BMI should be higher than 40
- Serious health problems due to high obesity
- Who are obsessed with their heavyweight
- No signs of gastrointestinal diseases previously
Sleeve Surgery Dubai
One can go for Sleeve Gastrectomy Surgery easily in Dubai. Al Zahra Hospital Dubai has specialized doctors in the field of Sleeve surgery. Dr. Muharrem Oner is one of the best Sleeve Gastrectomy surgeons in Dubai. He has been working in the Surgical Oncology Center in Alzahra Hospital for many years. Dr. Muharrem Oner is Well experienced in various types of general surgery. He has diversified experience of many patients and the hospital. He had conducted 2500+ surgeries independently including Sleeve Gastrectomy Surgery. Al Zahra Hospital is a leading hospital in the field of Sleeve Surgery in the whole UAE. It offers various packages which are made to suit all of your requirements.
Sleeve surgery Dubai, UAE is now very much developed. The Al Zahra Hospital Dubai is now using a lot more new technology and tries to empower its doctors to diagnose and treat patients with unmatched accuracy and efficiency.
Some of the technology they used:
Vascular Hybrid Cathlab (MCH) | Endoscopy suites with Eluxeo Video (MCH) | Magnatom Aera1.5 Tesla MRI (MOSH, MCH & MSH) | Siemens Acuson Anatares UltraSound (MOSH) | Siemens Yasio Detector X-Ray (MOSH) | Siemens Xiom Aristox VX Plus X-Ray (MOSH) | Siemens Arcadics Orbic 3D X-Ray C- Arm (MOSH) | Siemens Arcadics Varic 2D X-Ray-C-arm (MOSH) | Siemens Poly Mobile Portable X-Ray (MOSH) | Orthoscan X-Ray/ Mini C-arm (MOSH)
Patients must have to remember that this surgery is not a cosmetic change. The percentage of success in Sleeve Surgery Dubai is totally dependent on your commitment. You have to decide whether you are going to change your lifestyle or not. For any change in your life, you have to self motivate yourself. You have to go for daily exercise, diet planning, and behavior modification. Sleeve Surgery UAE is famous in the whole world so here you get the best chance to make your surgery successful.